Like I shared in the previous post, although we are living in Germany and are away from our families for Thanksgiving, we are lucky enough to have wonderful friends who have all the fellow American expats over for a nice big Thanksgiving dinner (on Saturday since we all have to work on Thursday).
All of these recipes are surprisingly easy to make, and don't require too many ingredients. This cranberry sauce has a slight citrus flavor since you add some orange juice & orange zest.
HOMEMADE CRANBERRY SAUCE RECIPE
- 3 CUPS OF FRESH CRANBERRIES
- 1 CUP OF ORANGE JUICE
- 1 CUP OF SUGAR
- 1 TSP OF ORANGE ZEST (ABOUT 1 ORANGE)
- Add orange juice & sugar to a small pot & stir over high heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the orange zest and stir.
- Once fully combined, add in all the fresh cranberries to the pot.
4. This is my favorite part - keep the temperature on medium high and do not cover with a lid. After some time you'll start to hear a popping noise - this is the cranberries exploding!
5. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes. It will continue to thicken, even after its taken off of the heat.
6. Either serve warm or cold with a nice Thanksgiving Turkey - best when shared with friends & family.